I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!
Crone, Part III
October 8, 2018
Notta Louden, Crone
Observations of Notta Louden, Crone:
Don’t get so attached to things: houses, cars, jobs, anything physical. The littlest thing can be stripped away from you in a heartbeat.
2. Go ahead, make your Life Plans. Map it all out. With one other person, you can still make it work. Only remember: unless you live on a deserted island, there are going to be a lot of other people with their own life plans that can cross and disrupt yours. Most aren’t looking to mess you up; they’re only trying to live out their life plans.
3. Better yet, write your life plans down in detail with times and places and peoples’ names. Then stick it in a drawer. Go live your life with people for a few years. Come back to the Life Plan and be glad you didn’t follow it to the letter. So much you would have lost out on, if you had. Like love. But that’s my opinion.
4. Opinions are like aortas: if you’re alive, you have one. The question is, is it yours or one someone gave you because your own was too weak?
5. Adding to #4, opinions are NOT facts. Never have been, never will be. If something has nothing to back it up but a feeling, it’s an opinion and worth as much as any other opinion. And most gardens can use a lot of the opinions out there for fertilizer.
6. A lot of people are running around these days yelling that ‘no’ means ‘no.’ Well, it does. And not only when women say it. Men have the right to say ‘no,’ too; and, ladies, if he says no, move on. Love and sex are not big game hunts and stalking is ignorant.
7. Yes, the overriding principle in American Justice is “innocent until proven guilty.” HOWEVER, when it can be proved that a person lies under oath, that’s another matter.
8. Life and people disappoint. That’s the way it is. A lot of things don’t work out for the general good. The wrong people get into power through election and re-election. When it goes wrong, your first choice is to move on and live with disappointment.
9. Your second choice is, like mine, is to emulate Mary Harris Jones, aka “Mother” Jones: “No matter what your fight, don't be ladylike! God almighty made women and the [rich white] gang of thieves made the ladies.” 1
She also said, “Pray for the dead and fight like hell for the living.”2
1. Jones, Mary Harris. Autobiography of Mother Jones. Chicago: Charles H. Kerr & Company, 1925.
Jones, Mary Harris. Circa 1902. https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/mother_jones_195568, October 8, 2018.